We’ve strived to make Streem Connect really easy to use. The process of linking is designed to be quick and easy, typically taking less than 30 seconds for customers to connect. Although we’re proud that over 95% of link attempts are successful on the first try, there are instances where users might encounter difficulties with linking their bank accounts.
The process of linking is designed to be quick, typically taking less than 30 seconds for customers to connect. Although we’re proud that over 95% of link attempts are successful on the first try, there are instances where users might encounter difficulties in linking their bank accounts.
1. Incognito mode/Private Browsing
Incognito mode, also known as private browsing, is a feature in most web browsers that allows you to browse the internet without storing your browsing history, cookies, site data, or form inputs. Unfortunately we need to pass some cookies during the linking process and if the browser is in this mode the linking process will not be able to complete. You must disable incognito/private browsing to continue.
How to resolve:
Turning Off Incognito Mode on iOS and Android:
- Open Safari. If you’re in Incognito Mode, the browser background will be dark instead of white or grey.
- Press the two overlapping squares icon on the bottom right of the browser.
- To exit Incognito Mode, simply swipe to the right away from “Private”.
Android (Google Chrome):
- Open the Chrome app. If you’re in Incognito Mode, you’ll see a darker browser interface and a small icon of a hat and glasses in the top corner.
- Find the tabs button (usually a square or number at the top of the screen).
- If you’re in Incognito Mode, you’ll see your open incognito tabs. Close each tab by tapping the “x” or pressing the close button.
- Once all incognito tabs are closed, Chrome will exit Incognito Mode. You can also switch to regular browsing by opening a new standard tab.
2. Out of date Operating System or Browser
No matter what device you are using you may run into problems if your software is old and out of date. To make Streem Connect safe and secure we can’t pass data on devices that have redundant software on them. Not only will it not work for security purposes but Streem utilises the latest technology which is only available in modern browsers.
How to resolve: Updating your device to the latest operating system or downloading the latest browser update should fix the problem.
3. Out of date banking app
Much like your devices operating system it’s important that you are using the latest version of the banking app. Using the banks app makes connecting to Streem even easier as you can login and authenticate the link very easily but you must keep it up to date. This is pretty uncommon issue as most devices auto update apps and banks will prompt you to update as well.
How to resolve: Open the app store and make sure there are no updates available for your banks app.
4. Pop Up Blockers
Pop-up blockers are designed to prevent unwanted ads and pop-ups on websites. However, these blockers can sometimes interfere with the Streem Connect linking process. Our system often uses pop-up windows to authenticate and verify your banking details securely. If a pop-up blocker is active, it might prevent these essential windows from opening.
How to resolve:
- iOS (Safari): Go to your device’s Settings, scroll down to Safari, and find the ‘Block Pop-ups’ option. Turn this feature off to allow pop-ups while linking your bank account with Streem Connect.
- Android (Google Chrome): Open the Chrome app, tap the three dots in the top right corner to access Settings, then go to ‘Site settings’ and find ‘Pop-ups and redirects’. Make sure this is set to ‘Allowed’ during the linking process.
5. Incorrect Login Credentials
Entering incorrect login credentials is a common error during the linking process. It’s crucial to ensure that you enter the correct username and password associated with your bank account. Even a small typo can result in a failed connection.
How to resolve: Double-check your login details before submitting them in the Streem Connect process. If you’re unsure about your credentials, try logging into your bank’s website or app independently to confirm.
6. Bank Maintenance or Technical Issues
Sometimes, the issue might be on the bank’s end. Banks periodically undergo maintenance, or they might experience technical difficulties that can impact the linking process.
How to resolve: Check your bank’s website or contact their customer service to see if there are any ongoing maintenance or technical issues. Wait until these are resolved before attempting to link your account again.
7. Network Connectivity Issues
A stable internet connection is vital for the Streem Connect linking process. If your network is unstable or too slow, it may interrupt the process.
How to resolve: Ensure you have a strong and stable internet connection before starting the linking process. If you’re on a mobile device, try switching between Wi-Fi and mobile data to see if that helps.
While Streem Connect is designed to be a straightforward and efficient way to link your bank account, understanding and addressing these common issues can enhance your experience. By following these simple troubleshooting steps, you can ensure a smooth and successful linking process with Streem Connect.